Our goals for the New Hampshire Food System
- People understand that their local food choices support thriving businesses, healthy communities, and vibrant working landscapes.
- Everyone has access to healthy, affordable, and culturally diverse food.
- Local farm, fisheries, and food businesses are profitable and rewarding to all involved.
- Policy, regulation, and infrastructure supports long-term local and regional food production, distribution, and marketing.
- The ecosystems and resources that sustain a robust food system are conserved and enhanced.
The image below illustrates basic food system activities from farm and sea to table to compost; the producers, entrepreneurs, institutions, people, initiatives, and agencies that support these processes make up the NH Food Alliance.
The NH Food Alliance envisions a food system that works for all in New Hampshire: people, businesses, communities, and the environment.